Tuesday 10 October 2017

Addi Lace "sticky" needles

Learned something new about lace needles, hope this will be useful for others. I love Addi needles and ordered another pair of "Addi Lace" recently. When they arrived, they looked exactly as my old pair of "Addi Lace", but I almost couldn't move cotton crochet thread I'm using at the moment from them. I'm a tight knitter, but never had such difficulty. After a bit of research this is what I've found out.

At the moment there are two kinds of Addi lace needles: one called "Addi Lace" and is made from unfinished brass ("yellow/gold needles"), another - "Addi Rocket" and has something called Turbo finish ("silver needles"). If you want thread to slip easily - you need "Addi Rocket". If you are using slippery thread and need something to hold it at least a bit - you need "Addi Lace".

So I needed "Addi Rocket" instead of "Addi Lace"... But - I have an old pair of "golden" Addi Lace and I have no problem using them! Having nothing to lose I made an experiment with my new pair - took some simple white toothpaste and polished my new needles with cotton cloth. Just the way we were cleaning silver items long time ago. Tried knitting after that: well, all my problems are gone, no trouble sliding thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment